Saturday, October 04, 2008

I needed this.

Things are going ok. I shot some promo images for a Nike and Rockstar games collaboration last week. And Redbull energy drink contacted my agent this week to see if I am available to shoot for them. Its cool that Redbull actually sought me out, instead of the other way around. That feels good.

My social life isn't so hot lately. I haven't been able to hang with friends or go out in a long time. But recently my schedule started to clear up. I took Friday off. I slept in until 3pm. haha. Then I woke up, grabbed some tea. And walked around Brooklyn to catch the rest of the sun, and generally nice weather. Crisp.

Later that night, I caught a "Kills" show in Williamsburg on N. 6th and Kent with Amy. Gotta say it, "The Kills" are awesome live. I love how minimal their presentation is. Just two vocalists, and two guitars / bass. No band. With drum beats played via DJ. These two killers have amazing stage presence. Their energy is so animalistic. They kind of slosh, spin and prowl around the stage in perfect sync with one another. And they're so sexy, without ever trying too hard. In fact, they're effortless.

Alison "VV" Mosshart was sick, with a cold. She was spitting on the floor pretty often through out their set. It looked really hot, in a dirty rockstar kind of way (but it was just phlegm).
Her respiratory issues prevented her from singing to her full potential. So even though I enjoyed the show, I feel the need to catch them again so I can see them really tear it down.



Afterwards, Amy left to go to a birthday party, and I chilled with a couple friends in L.E.S. I also met up with some old Tekken buddies to get some games in. Then I headed back to Brooklyn around 4:00am. At which point, my boy P called me up asking if I wanted to grab a drink. I said "No, but I could go for some breakfast." Haha. So we met up in Park Slope, at an all night bagel place, "Bagel Town"! Yes. And ate some food and caught up. He had his skateboard with him, and wanted to skate around Brooklyn. I didn't have anything but my feet. But I was down to stroll around again. So we walked around Park Slope and Fort Greene for the next couple hours 'till sunrise, then went back to his crib to watch a documentary on Marc Jacobs + Louie Vuitton. Marc's an interesting guy for sure. You could definitely learn a thing or two from seeing him in action. Then around 8am, I went home, and passed the fuck out.

I just woke up. Its 7pm, the next day (Saturday night). About 5 minutes after I woke up, my business partner called me saying he has an extra ticket to the Missy Elliot show at Nokia theater tonight. Haha. "Sure", I said. So I'm about to hit that up. But I really need gym time after all these shinanigans. So I'm gonna hit the gym (2 blocks away. Yesss) And do some shoulder excercises. Then fast shower. Then the Missy show. Then I should really go home, and try to sleep early, so I can rejoin the real world tomorrow (hopefully).




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home