Sunday, August 05, 2007

10%

One of my good friends, and also a member of my photography crew, just had her home burglarized. The thieves stole everything. They even stole the gifts that my friend's deceased grandmother gave to her family right before she passed away, which in many ways is the most painful loss of all.

Thankfully no one was hurt, because the robbers committed the crime while the entire family was away. I'm hoping that their good health will allow them to support each other properly and surmount this difficult ordeal.

They are in rough shape right now. I'm going to say some prayers for my friend's family. If you are looking for something kind to do, just shoot me an email at:
dg@DerrickGomez.com and I will put you in contact with my friend, and maybe you can do something charitable for them.

My oldest brother once told me that its very important to save 10% of everything you earn. And give away 10% of everything you earn as well. By giving your money to good causes, be it a charity or a friend, it will return back to you exponentially. In my experience, he has been correct. So if you feel like giving, shoot me an email. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home